Taiyang Zhang: Republic Protocol Partners with Wyretrading cryptocurrency blockchain
Providing liquidity and industry-leading KYC/AML services to Republic Protocol.
Republic Protocol and Wyre, the leading blockchain FX company operating a regulated global payment infrastructure, are pleased to announce our partnership to bring liquidity, and Wyre’s industry-leading KYC service to RenEx.
Wyre specializes in infrastructure to bridge the gap between traditional banking and digital assets. Pairing this expertise with RenEx will serve as an integral tool in Wyre’s OTC services, which to date have traded $3.5 billion in digital assets in-house and more than $750 million in bank-to-bank commercial FX payments. Working together, Republic Protocol and Wyre will help usher in a new era in dark pool trading, merging traditional financial infrastructure with the world of decentralized finance.
Our partnership will focus on the following areas:
- Wyre will be providing liquidity to RenEx and serve as a Key Liquidity Partner with Wyre’s OTC trading desk. Having ample liquidity is a necessary component for any dark pool to thrive and we believe this arrangement will only complement our two projects. By virtue of providing liquidity to RenEx, Wyre will be participating in Republic Protocol’s Liquidity Incentive Program, which consists of a revenue sharing agreement emanating from RenEx dark pool fees.
- Wyre will be providing KYC integration services to RenEx. Know Your Customer (KYC) is a compliance reality that the decentralized finance world must move towards and we are setting precedence by partnering with an industry leader. Check out Wyre’s recent blog covering the importance of proactivity here.
- Wyre will assist in onboarding OTC traders to RenEx through Wyre’s broker services. Wyre will use its existing network to ensure a new cohort of OTC traders can gain exposure to and have easy access to RenEx. Check out Wyre’s OTC infrastructure here.
This partnership represents a maturation for digital asset markets and is a significant first step in developing quality decentralized solutions to address inefficiencies within the current OTC market. Ultimately, allowing easier and compliant onboarding of traditional fintech and banking interest to both platforms.
What’s To Come
Our development team has created a custom decentralized sMPC based on research we have pioneered in the space that is optimized explicitly for decentralized dark pools, and we are continuing to push the envelope for what’s possible with Republic Protocol; including an upcoming research piece on zkSNARKS uses and tools. These advancements when coupled with legacy financial institutions will open up new possibilities for both Wyre and Republic Protocol.
With the release of our Mainnet just weeks away, we are thrilled to have the Wyre team join us on this journey. Check out Republic Protocol’s latest Testnet updates here and follow both of our organizations to take part in this new era of decentralized finance.
Onwards and upwards
— Taiyang Zhang, CEO, Republic Protocol
About us: Republic Protocol is a dark pool protocol for trading large volumes of cryptocurrencies. Find out more here: https://republicprotocol.com
About Wyre: Wyre is the leading blockchain FX company operating a regulated global payment infrastructure. Find out more here: https://www.sendwyre.com/
- Telegram: https://t.me/republicprotocol
- Telegram Korea: https://t.me/renkorea
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/republicprotocol
- Announcements: https://t.me/republicprotocolannouncements
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/republicorg
- Website: https://republicprotocol.com
Original article was created by: Taiyang Zhang at medium.comDisclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency or ICO.
Interested in Cryptocurrencies and ICO's?
Follow our telegram channel for daily cryptomarket reports!Join @cointrends
|7 hours ago||cryptocurrency|
|8 hours ago||cryptocurrency|
|11 hours ago||blockchain|
|14 hours ago||blockchain|
|1 day ago||trading|
|2 days ago||trading|
Stay on top of Altcoins and ICO trends.
Subscribe to our free Weekly Cryptomarket report
Delivered once a week, strongly to your inbox.Subscribe to our mailing list
September 19, 2018
We are very excited to announce that our Mainnet Beta will be the first official release of Republic Protocol, launching in the last week of September 2018. It marks a significant step towards our long term goal to bring traditional financial tools to the decentralized ecosystem.On Mainnet,...From: Loong
With the Republic Protocol Mainnet Beta launching in the last week of September there are many factors to consider in order to launch a new network securely. As outlined in the Mainnet Beta Rollout Plan, our utmost priorities are:Security of funds for both traders and Darknode operators (the...From: Loong
September 14, 2018
August 28, 2018
Republic Protocol Testnet has now been running for more than two months, with great success, and will continue to run indefinitely into the future. So far, we have approved hundreds of applications — with over two hundred applicants taking the opportunity to run Testnet...From: Taiyang Zhang
July 09, 2018
The Republic Protocol Testnet was the focus of our development efforts during Q2 2018 and its successful launch last month stands as one of the biggest milestones achieved by our team. Since then, we have received a lot of great feedback from our community and are working tirelessly to improve...From: Loong
June 19, 2018
REN tokens will be listed to trade on IDAX on June 22nd 14:00 UTC+8 . Users are able to deposit and withdraw REN tokens to IDAX from June 20th 10:00 UTC+8. The pairs of REN/BTC & REN/ETH will be available.IDAX Open REN Charge, Transaction AnnouncementAbout IDAXIDAX (International Digital...From: Hugh Greethead