Natasha Shine-Zirkel: Kin Developer Program Launches Todaykin developer-tools developer cryptocurrency blockchain
The Nearly $3M Program Arms Developers With Tools and Incentives for Building Kin-powered Experiences
Our goal at Kin is to change the digital world so that you no longer have to choose between monetization and creating products that your users enjoy. We’re making it possible for developers to provide meaningful experiences in consumer apps without bombarding them with ads or, even worse, collecting and selling their users’ data to make money.
Today, we announced the Kin Developer Program as a first step to empowering developers to launch Kin-enabled apps that consumers will love. This inaugural program commits nearly $3M to up to 25 qualified developers who successfully create meaningful earn, spend, and peer-to-peer use cases for the Kin cryptocurrency in their apps. These select developers will have the individual opportunity to earn up to $116,000 USD in combined fiat and Kin currency, and they will have access to the Kin Ecosystem software development kit (SDK) and the Kin Playbook, a guide that provides information on successfully launching a Kin economy.
Applications to the program are currently being accepted, and selected participants will be announced on Aug. 15. All participants will attend Kin Camp, a virtual education session to learn about Kin and get them started with the Kin Ecosystem SDK, and they will have until Oct. 2 to create their proposed use case. Along the way, developers will receive all the tools and support needed to build sustainable, two-sided Kin economies for their users. Following the launches of Kin in Kik, Kinit Beta, Vlogr (our May Hackathon winners) and Kin Kong, we feel this is an important pillar in expanding the developer ecosystem and seeing which creative use cases different developers around the world bring into existence.
If you are an app developer who wants to build meaningful experiences with the world’s first consumer-ready cryptocurrency, this is the program for you.
Here’s what you’ll get
- The chance to be part of something new that is changing the digital world
- Increased awareness of your app through promotion across the Kin Ecosystem
- Financial incentives in Kin and fiat currency to help you get off the ground — up to $60,000USD + 400M Kin
- Full access to the Kin Ecosystem SDK, including the Kin Marketplace and out-of-the-box earn opportunities for your users
- Everything you need to get started implementing native earn, spend, and peer-to peer-opportunities in your app
- Ongoing support from our expert dev team, quick-start guides, and full documentation
- Inspiration from the ever growing community of developers building with Kin
Important Dates to Remember
- Apply here no later than 10 A.M. P.T. on Aug. 10
- Participants will be announced on Kin Blog on Aug. 15
- Selected developers will work on integrating Kin and will present their integrations during a virtual demon day on Oct. 2. Approved apps will go live following this and receive the first incentive payout.
- Developers who have reached 10,000 monthly active wallets (MAW) will receive the second incentive payout on Jan. 1.
- Developers who have reached 50,000 MAW will receive the third incentive payout on April 1.
Interested in applying, or know someone who would be a great fit? Send them over to the website — www.kinecosystem.com/dev to apply!
Original article was created by: Natasha Shine-Zirkel at medium.comDisclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency or ICO.
Interested in Cryptocurrencies and ICO's?
Follow our telegram channel for daily cryptomarket reports!Join @cointrends
|41 minutes ago||blockchain|
|50 minutes ago||blockchain|
|1 hour ago||cryptocurrency|
|3 hours ago||cryptocurrency|
|3 days ago||developer|
|1 week ago||developer-tools|
|1 week ago||kin|
Stay on top of Altcoins and ICO trends.
Subscribe to our free Weekly Cryptomarket report
Delivered once a week, strongly to your inbox.Subscribe to our mailing list
July 12, 2018
https://medium.com/media/dbfb1654444bc863a09aea2387656e66/hrefTed’s most recent AMA took place on July 10. He covered some of the community’s most talked about topics including the Kin Rewards Engine, Kin in Kik, and the relationship between Kin1 and Kin2. Here’s a recap of the top three...From: Caroline Edwards
July 11, 2018
July 06, 2018
Kin is well underway in the race to become the most used cryptocurrency in the world. In Q2, we saw exciting progress on all fronts, specifically continuing to make headway with the Kin Blockchain and partner integrations.Without further ado, let’s jump in.Product and engineeringWe announced...From: Rod McLeod
July 05, 2018
Coinbase’s recent acquisition of Earn.com adds to the important dialogue of cryptocurrency’s application as a transactional currency — not just a speculative investment vehicle. This is something we’ve been working on at Kik for years — first, a centralized economy in Kik...From: Tanner Philp
June 27, 2018
A few months ago, two other Kik team members and myself spoke at the Kin Ambassador Event where we gave a sneak peek into Kik’s plans for integrating the Kin SDK. We believe that establishing Kin as a pillar in our product strategy will help us create better experiences for Kik users. Today,...From: Laura Newton
June 25, 2018
There are more than 1,000 cryptocurrencies in existence, but almost all of them are held for speculation. How do we get people to spend these currencies? And, more importantly, how do we make them a medium of exchange that consumers can use in everyday life?Instead of building the underlying...From: Alec Booker