P.J. Leimgruber: Final Design Contest Updatememes governance ethereum decentralization blockchain
Last Chance To Submit Your Memes
We are in week 5 of 6 in the Community Surveys — which means we are nearing the end of the Meme Factory Design Contest. We want to give everyone the chance to earn the DANK token before the TCR for Meme Factory launches. After all, the more people holding the DANK token, the more unpredictable and interesting Meme Factory will become.
In order to present a fully working product on launch day, it’s necessary for the system to already have memes available for sale and submissions available for challenge. However, the first few collectibles issued are likely to carry significant value for the novelty of being “first”.
This is precisely why we are hosting an open competition to allow our community to submit Memes ahead of time. Winning submissions will be given an opportunity to mint their respective memes in order of ranking. These memes will be available for sale on the day of Meme Factory’s launch.
Last Chance! Get Your Memes In Now!
Yes, you can submit your designs for the First Memes minted:
- First Memes Minted — Deadline 17/09/18 at 8:00AM Pacific Time (5:00pm CEST) Poll #6 to decide the winner will begin shortly thereafter.
- Dank Token Logo — ENDED — Winner has been selected
- Back Of Meme Designs —ENDED — Poll to select the winner is live on the Survey dApp.
Please note: Dates are in DD/MM/YYYY format
Reminder — Design Contest Winners Get FREE DANK!
The winners of the design contests will receive 2.5% of DANK Token issued. Winners will be decided at the conclusion of respective voting rounds.
- .5% of DANK to the contestant with the highest rated Meme
- .2% of DANK to the 2nd through 4th place Memes submissions
- .05% of DANK to the 5th through 12th place Meme submissions
One thing we have learned from the previous two Meme Factory surveys is that crowdsourced decision making can be unpredictable. We want to amplify and leverage this unpredictability with the same unpredictability of Meme Culture.
To encourage as many participants as possible during this last week, we want to make it as easy as possible for the community to express their creativity.
The following tools are great options for you to easily create memes and designs for the community design contest.
Please ensure your file is 1.5MB maximum. Memes submitted must be in .png, .jpg, .gif, or .svg format.
Creating a meme on Giphy is literally as easy as One, two, three…
Canva is a free web based design app you can use to quickly create designs for nearly any purpose. This is a simple drag and drop interface that allows you to quickly put designs together without expensive software like Photoshop.
Suggestions from Brady McKenna
- In a decentralized system like a TCR, it’s likely to see some of the more creative and silly submissions be accepted by the community over copycat memes
- You could screenshot your favorite podcast host, Youtuber, politician or celebrity and add text to that funny face they make then submit it to the contest. You never know, it may be the next viral meme!
- Excite people, enlighten them, brighten up someone’s day or recreate that meme that keeps getting pulled from social media. Meme factory is your place to let loose and show the world the power of decentralized apps.
- If you really want to get serious you can always check out this Life Hacker article and really dig into the contest.
Some Memes We’ve Received Already
Some of the memes featured in this post will be part of the survey dApp. The rest will be added to the Dank Registry for DANK holders to decide on inclusion into the Meme Marketplace. If you want your memes to be considered for the survey dApp — please ensure you apply here before the voting period begins on September 17th
We look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!
For more information about the district0x Network:
- *NEW* district0x Education Portal
- Check out our white paper
- Watch our introduction video
- Subscribe for email updates
- Follow us on Twitter
- Join us on Telegram
- Subscribe to our subreddit
- See our live stream recordings on YouTube
Original article was created by: P.J. Leimgruber at blog.district0x.ioDisclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency or ICO.
Interested in Cryptocurrencies and ICO's?
Follow our telegram channel for daily cryptomarket reports!Join @cointrends
|5 hours ago||ethereum|
|1 day ago||ethereum|
|11 hours ago||blockchain|
|14 hours ago||blockchain|
|2 days ago||decentralization|
|2 days ago||decentralization|
|5 days ago||memes|
|6 days ago||governance|
Stay on top of Altcoins and ICO trends.
Subscribe to our free Weekly Cryptomarket report
Delivered once a week, strongly to your inbox.Subscribe to our mailing list
September 22, 2018
News and updates from the district0x NetworkOver the past 6 weeks district0x launched and conducted the first Aragon-powered voting dApp for the Meme Factory marketplace, which will conclude on Monday September 24th. Through 6 separate polls, community members have voted on Meme Format, Website...From: Peter Reiseman
September 18, 2018
Development progress and product changes from district0xGiven the traveling schedule of the team in the past two weeks in attending the ETHBerlin hackathon, as well as a talk given at ClojureTre (recorded here, with a public repository here), we have a bit less development progress to show for...From: Alexander Khoriaty
Results From Poll #5, Completion of Design Contest & MoreIn today’s update, we announce the winner of Poll #5, and formally kick off Poll #6 — the last and final of the Meme Factory Community Polls. During this past weeks vote for the Back-of-Meme design, a total of 60,701,315.39...From: P.J. Leimgruber
September 15, 2018
News and updates from the district0x NetworkAs we approach the 6th and final week of the Meme Factory Survey Dapp, there have been almost 300 million DNT votes cast over the previous 5 weeks. Survey #4 Logo of Token concluded on September 10th. Following this, survey #5 Back-of-meme Design was...From: Peter Reiseman
September 13, 2018
September 11, 2018
The next phase of the community & how you can get involvedCoinciding with the upcoming launch of Meme Factory, district0x has just launched a new community Discord server. With the completion of Meme Factory, the reworking of Ethlance, and updates to d0xInfra, we’re beginning to enter a...From: Brady McKenna