ICONOMI: 2018 Monthly Update IVupdates iconomi ethereum blockchain bitcoin
Welcome to the ICONOMI Monthly Update for April. In April, we completed a proof of solvency, allowing us to prove that our assets are greater than our liabilities; hosted more events in our Meet the Managers series, this time in Madrid and Amsterdam; released the Hive Index DAA; and more.
Proof of Solvency
In an ICONOMI landmark, April saw the completion of our first proof of solvency by a Big Four professional services firm. An independent overview verified that all the digital assets on our platform have been reported accurately and that ICONOMI is solvent. On April 5, 2018, ICONOMI had $133.6M of liabilities and $210.2M of reserves distributed across 80 digital assets, fully covering all liabilities.
We also implemented a verification tool to allow users and DAA managers to verify their inclusion in the proof of solvency for themselves.
DAA Performance Overview
On April 5, we published a DAA performance overview for Q1. The three top-performing DAAs were Aljoscha Frick’s Future Chain Index (FCI), Coinbest Group’s COINBEST 1 (CBST), and Reinhard Berger’s Pecun.io Cryptocurrency(PCC).
Events & Media
Meet the Managers Events
- On April 5, we held the third event in our Meet the Managers series, Meet the Managers: Madrid. We were joined by four speakers: Javier Molina, the managing director of Coinbest Group; Gregor Zupanc, CEO of Solidum Capital; Jesús Pérez, an internet entrepreneur, professor, and ex-president of the Spanish Fintech Association; and Steve Nabil Lauritsen, a co-founder of Blockchain Nordic. Read our summary of the event for more details.
- Our next event was Meet the Managers: Amsterdam, where we were joined by Gorazd Ocvirk, the director of Deloitte’s Innovation Lab; Menno Pietersen of CARUS-AR; Nathan Hartman of Phoenix Decentralized Solutions; and Cain Ransbottyn of TRADE. Read our summary of the event for more details.
- ICONOMI attended Prestel and Partner’s Family Office Forum in Wiesbaden, Germany from April 17–18.
- From May 2–3, Jure Sutar, our Head of Digital Asset Arrays, attended East Chain Open Hub in Kuwait, where he presented ICONOMI to a broader audience and discussed the future of digital asset management.
- ICONOMI co-founder Jani Valjavec attended the World Digital Asset Summit in Singapore by invitation from digital asset management firm FBG Capital.
- ICONOMI COO Matej Tomazin spoke on the role of blockchain and ICOs in the financial industry at the 35. Finance Conference event in Portoroz, Slovenia.
ICONOMI in the Media
- ICONOMI was mentioned in Invest in Blockchain’s article “What Are Crypto Index Funds And Should You Invest In Them?”
- Jani Valjavec, ICONOMI co-founder, gave an interview for Howtotokentitled “How I Made Investing in Digital Assets Accessible for Anyone.”
- Wisdom of the Crowd Crypto Portfolio Launches on ICONOMI Investment Platform, Simon Cocking, Irish Tech News
Steve Nabil Lauritsen of Blockchain Nordic described the Scandinavian crypto scene, explained his approach to explaining difficult subjects in an easily understandable way, and more in his DAA Insights interview.
New DAA Metrics
Our development team added metrics for volatility, max drawdown, and return (including all-time) for every DAA available on the ICONOMI platform. Scroll down to the “DAA Details” section on the BLX DAA page to see them in action, or check out the screenshot below.
New DAA: Hive Index
The new Hive Index DAA uses a unique method to establish its structure, basing its design on an analysis of the other DAA structures on the ICONOMI platform to allow buyers to “tap right into the wisdom of the crowd.”
Columbus Capital Reddit AMA
Q1 Financial Report
Our Q1 Financial Report was released in late April and features not only financial statistics such as revenues and expenditures, but also updates from each department on their current progress and future goals.
In the last Weekly Update of April, we answered five questions about ICONOMI from the Rocket.Chat community. In future, we will be addressing questions on Rocket.Chat on a more frequent basis, so be sure to sign up if you haven’t already.
- Our first Meet the Managers event in Asia will take place on May 29 in Hong Kong, followed by a Meet the Managers event in Singapore on May 31. If you want to learn more about ICONOMI and about digital asset management in general, sign up here.
- On May 24, ICONOMI COO Matej Tomazin will attend FinTech Unconference in Madrid.
- Ziga Perovic, ICONOMI Legal Counsel & AML Officer, will be attending the ACAMS 14th Annual AML & Financial Crime CONFERENCE Europe from May 31–June 1 in Amsterdam.
- ICONOMI Head of Legal Janez Kravcar will be attending the BLOCKCHAINEUM 2.0 International Blockchain Summit in Budapest on May 23.
Changing Email Providers
We have decided on a new crypto-friendly email provider and are currently in the testing phase. As always, this extended version of the Monthly Update has been made available here on Medium. When we have thoroughly tested our new provider, we will send out the email version to our subscriber base.
Original article was created by: ICONOMI at medium.comDisclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency or ICO.
Interested in Cryptocurrencies and ICO's?
Follow our telegram channel for daily cryptomarket reports!Join @cointrends
|45 minutes ago||blockchain|
|50 minutes ago||blockchain|
|50 minutes ago||ethereum|
|1 hour ago||ethereum|
|4 hours ago||bitcoin|
|8 hours ago||bitcoin|
|2 days ago||updates|
|2 days ago||updates|
|2 days ago||iconomi|
|5 days ago||iconomi|
Stay on top of Altcoins and ICO trends.
Subscribe to our free Weekly Cryptomarket report
Delivered once a week, strongly to your inbox.Subscribe to our mailing list
August 17, 2018
Our next series of DAA Manager Insights interviews covers the rebalancing strategies of ICONOMI DAA managers, providing unique insight into how they approach the structuring of their DAAs. Our first interview in this series is with Roger Wurzel of Sustainable Crypto Selection.What triggered the...From: ICONOMI
August 14, 2018
Today, we are happy to announce a major technology upgrade and one of the biggest milestones from our 2018 roadmap. Because the trading engine is at the core of the ICONOMI platform and powers every Digital Asset Array, this upgrade introduces enhancements for both end users and DAA managers.We...From: Miha Vidmar
July 30, 2018
Q2 was one of our most productive quarters so far. We achieved three major milestones: by implementing the first stage of the fiat gateway, we opened the doors to new users, especially those with less experience with digital assets; with the addition of the first stablecoin, we created an option...From: Matej Tomazin
July 27, 2018
In July we added three new DAAs, including our first DAAs based in India and Italy, released new mobile and web app features, published interviews with our Q2 top three DAA managers, and much more.Note: In the past, we have published Monthly Updates in the middle of the following month. Going...From: ICONOMI
Umberto Pagnini and Gianluca Panelli use a detailed scoring system to select projects to include in their equally weighted DAA. Learn more about this process, their views on the challenges involved in achieving mass adoption, their perspective on the emerging Italian crypto scene, and more in...From: ICONOMI
July 13, 2018
Welcome to the first ICONOMI Digest. This update series is a continuation of our Weekly Update series and will be published on a biweekly basis. Our new name was chosen by the ICONOMI community in a Twitter poll.DAA OverviewOn July 5, we published an overview of DAA performance in Q2. All three...From: ICONOMI