The Wolk Foundation introduces the Wolk Protocol, supporting decentralized data exchange among data buyers and data sellers. The Wolk Protocol enables data buyers and sellers to share data tied to IDs.
The ETH-backed WOLK token is used as a key input to fully functional Wolk APIs that enable data buyers to obtain data about consumers and enable data suppliers to get compensated for the onboarded data.
- Sourabh Niyogi: CEO, Foundation President.
- Sonia Gonzalez: General Manager & Foundation Council Member.
- Harish Thimmappa: SVP of Revenue.
- Rodney Witcher: SVP of Product & Business Development.
- Michael Chung: Product Manager and Protocol Developer.
- Mayumi Matsumoto: Data Scientist and API + Protocol Designer.
- Alina Chu: Data Scientist and Quantitative Analyst.
- Nitin Chauhan: Data Engineer.
- Bruce Han: Software Engineer.
- Luvsanbyamba Buyankhuu: Data Engineer and Quantitative Analyst.
- Scott Salin: Sales & Business Development Manager.
Wolk will be holding its ICO on September 18, 2017. The ICO funding target is 50,000 ETH, the funding cap is 500,000 ETH and is expected to end on October 8, 2017 or when the funding cap is reached. If less than the funding target is raised, ETH will be refunded to the sending addresses.
Use of Proceeds:
- 20% - Supports liquidity of WOLK directly via purchaseWolk, sellWolk functions directly in the token contract;
- 20% - Supports the API Service Provider Wolk Inc - marketing, business development, operations, etc;
- 40% - Will support a “Wolk Ecosystem Development Fund,” which will support data supplier onboarding and data buyer onboarding by Wolk Inc. and any future service providers to the platform;
- 15% - Reserved by the Wolk Foundation for additional API Service Providers following the Wolk Protocol, or for supporting related token based business models;
- 05% - Supports the Wolk Foundation operationally for 3-10 years;
Interested in Cryptocurrencies and ICO's?
Follow our telegram channel for daily cryptomarket reports!Join @cointrends
*Disclaimer: This data should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency/cryptotoken or ICO.
June 12, 2018
Swarm Orange Summit, Consensus, Token Summit and SwarmDB v0.2 is almost here!The months of May and June consisted of us taking the show on the road, attending a number of conferences and talks. We met with tons of potential customers and partners, sharing our vision of decentralized database...From: Rodney F. Witcher, II
March 23, 2018
To start March, a group of us (Michael, Rodney and Sourabh) traveled to Vienna, Austria for a 6 day meeting of minds between the Wolk team and the Ethereum Swarm team for Swarm Hackweek. Many thanks to Viktor Tron for inviting us as well as to RIAT and company (riat.at) for hosting. We...From: Rodney F. Witcher, II